Like Carole, March has typically been my least favorite month. While it is far from my favorite (hey, there May! June! August! September! October! February!), I like it much more than I used to. Why? Let me tell you.
2. Spring break. There's no similar break in the fall semester, nor do I feel the need for it. The week off (well, at least from being in the classroom. I collect papers right before break so the students don't have to spend their break working) is a chance for me to get caught up on grading and prepping.
3. Spring cleaning. I'm optimistic that there will be at least one day this month warm enough to open all the windows and let the crisp, fresh air flow into the house. I enjoy scrubbing away the winter's grime.
4. Lent. This time of reflection and discipline is powerful.
5. Melting snow. I'm not a fan of mud, which is the sad, sad result of melting snow, but I'm about done with looking at the white stuff.
6. Jane Eyre is due out in March! Hurrah!
7. Packing away winter sweaters and coats. I'm ready to wear my lighter clothes, and the switchover will take very little time since I'm living with fewer clothes.
8. Violets. If that snow gets out of here fast, I'll see a lovely carpet of violets in the front yard. This year I'm harvesting them to make violet syrup.
9. Seedlings. I'm no master gardener. I'm not even close, but I do like to try new techniques each year. I'm going to start some plants from seed...probably this week if I'm going to have any success!
10. April is just around the corner! The best thing about March is that it HAS to end after 31 days and April (and spring) finally begin.
How about you? What is your favorite thing about March?
Stay tuned for some exciting changes!