Today's topic is Ten Reasons to Love Fall. Since it is one of my four favorite seasons, this should be easy!
1. Baking. Apple crisp, pumpkin pie...fall's produce makes me want to don my apron and get something in the oven!
2. Soup. I'm a big fan of homemade soup. My favorite recipes are for tomato soup and butternut squash soup.
3. Butternut squash. I cook with it a lot in the fall. It's the ultimate comfort food to me.
4. Leaves. My time in New Mexico made me appreciate the riot of color that we get around here in the fall. This year promises to be nothing short of glorious!
5. Sweaters. Cozy!
6. Fires. I can't wait for the first fire of the season. If the chilly weather keeps up, it might happen this weekend.
7. Hiking. I'm in the woods with the dogs almost every day, and in the fall, I'm much more inclined to go for really long walks that I don't feel shy about calling hikes.
8. Halloween. Without kids, this might be a glum holiday, but our neighborhood sees quite a bit of action from trick or treaters. I get a lot of laughs from seeing the funny costumes.
9. Thanksgiving. No turkey for me, but the sides. Oh, the sides!
10. Rhinebeck. I look forward to seeing my crafty peeps there. Will I see you?