No, it's not my birthday, it's our dear Ten on Tuesday leader's birthday! Hop over and give her some birthday love, willya?
I love birthdays. Mine, yours, everyone's. Here's my list of 10 Ways to Have a Happy Birthday
1. Save any cards that arrive ahead of time to open with breakfast.
2. Wait to open gifts until just before you...
3. Go out for dinner at your favorite fancy pants restaurant.
4. Take the day off from work.
5. Visit a nearby museum. I like to see my favorite artwork.
6. Try something brand new. Last year Neal took me for a downhill skiing lesson. It was one of my best birthdays ever.
7. Play hobbit and surprise loved ones by giving them gifts (tomorrow is Hobbit Day, btw!).
8. Eat cake. It's been six years since I've had a birthday cake! When I lived alone in Albuquerque, I substituted a pastry from my favorite shop. Since then? Well, someone should talk to Neal for me!
9. Spend some quiet time reflecting on the year past and setting goals for the upcoming one.
10. Where ever your mother may be, thank her. This beautiful, wonderful life wouldn't be possible without her!
What is your favorite way to have a happy birthday?