Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is about camping. I have never been camping. Well, there was that backyard sleepover in sixth grade. Oh, and I did sleep in a tent for those times I walked the 3-Day to raise money for breast cancer research (Avon sponsored it back when I walked). Anywho, I wouldn't really use my list if you're a new camper. I'd probably laugh and click away.
10 Things to Bring on a Camping Trip
1. Someone who has actually been camping before.
2. Air mattress (I learned that on the 3-Day).
3. Toilet paper (hey, be prepared!)
4. A flashlight.
5. Shelter. Unless by camping you mean staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
6. Bathing suit. Seems like a beach would be a nice place to camp.
7. Fire. Not like on a torch or anything, but unless camping means going to a restaurant, you've gotta have something on which to cook, right?
8. A book. Just in case the air mattress doesn't do the trick and you're too uncomfortable to sleep.
9. Someone with a guitar. Singing around the campfire might be the biggest lure into camping I can imagine.
10. Ghost stories. Good, scary ones. Don't worry if you get so scared you can't sleep. You've got a flashlight and a book. You'll be fine!