Here's a little sneak preview of an actual, finished object at Chez Golightly. I'm hoping to press Neal into service for a photo shoot tomorrow. Until then, here are some random bits of information for you. Okay, a complaint or two as well.
1. I signed up for the Goddess Knits mystery shawl. I know, I did so well with MS3 last year (ahem) that it's a natural fit, right? I was going to dye my own yarn, but I fell in love with this (mine is more of a blackish color).
2. I bought fabric to make a laptop protector. I have yet to name my Phineas-replacement computer, but I think I might fall a bit more in love with her when she has a swank cover. I'm using Asian-inspired prints and Amy Butler's pattern. I hope to sew it this weekend.
3. My allergies are out of control today. I thought maybe it was the luscious bouquet of lilacs I'd gathered yesterday, but it's more serious than that. I'd forgotten how terrible my allergies are in CT. There's something here that was not in New York, and it bothers me fiercely!
4. I was supposed to leave for Greece tomorrow. I'm not bitter; we're staying home for valid, serious reasons. I'm just a little bit disappointed is all.
5. I started taking yoga on Thursday nights. I really like the class, and I even bought this book so I could practice at home more easily between classes.
7. Sunday is my Ravelversary! I intend to have a giveaway, so take a peek back here, ok?